Hello all! It's Arin here and I'm back to share a sweet Valentine's Day wreath idea with you combining Globecraft and Piccolo products and an everyday household item you probably have lying around in your laundry room!
Love is in the air and so is my
A Piece of Life's Pie
- G&P Key to My Heart Charm Set (used only the mini hearts and keys)
- G&P Glastique Gloss Finishing Glaze
- G&P Glastique Matte Finishing Glaze
- G&P Embossing Powder Adhesive
- G&P Poodle Skirt Embossing Powder
- G&P Berry Red 3D Enamel Gel
- G&P Pink Rose 3D Enamel Gel
- G&P Protectant Easy Grip Tweezers
- Queen and Co Trendy Tape-Valentine's Day Collection
- Recollections Tinsel Glitter- Cherry
- Recollections Course Glitter -Cherry
- Recollections Extra Fine Glitter -Cherry
- 6 inch wire wreath (found at local craft store)
- Rust-olium Painter Touch White Gloss Spray Paint
- 19 wooden clothespins
- Gesso white acrylic primer paint
- Close to My Heart - Embroidery Floss Baby Pink and Cranberry
- Recycled 1 1/2 inch ribbon from a gift from Pottery Barn Kids
- Heat Gun
- Foam paint brush
- Straight pin
Step 1: Prepping the wire wreath and clothespins:
Using a white spray paint, paint the wire wreath 2 coats per side and set aside. Prep clothespins by applying two coats of Gesso acrylic primer paint with a foam brush and let dry.
Step 2: Applying Piccolo Enamel 3D Gel to clothespins and Globlecraft and Piccolo book board charms: Apply Piccolo's Berry Red and Pink Rose 3D Enamel Gel to four clothespin tops and set aside to dry. Then apply Piccolo's Berry Red 3D Enamel Gel to one each of the mini hearts and mini keys from the Globecraft and Piccolo My Heart Charm Set. To assist in applying the 3D Enamel Gel to both the mini heart and key, use a straight pin. Set aside to dry. Repeat on other side.
Step 3: Applying Glastique Matte Finishing Glaze and Glitter to clothespins: Apply Glastique Matte Finishing Glaze to the top surface of of 3 clothespins, then dust each with glitter (used for this project was tinsel glitter, fine glitter and course glitter) and remove excess glitter and set aside to set and dry.
Step 4: Applying Embossing Enamel to clothespins and book board charms: Using Piccolo Embossing Powder Adhesive apply one coat to two clothespin top surfaces and to the mini heart and key charms from the My Heart Charm Set. Dust each with Piccolo Poodle Skirt Enamel Powder and use tweezers to handle the mini heart and key charm remove excess enamel powder. Set with a heat gun and let cool and then repeat the heat enamel process again two more times starting with the Piccolo Embossing Enamel each time (this will add a nice smooth texture, amazing depth of color, sparkle and dimension to the charms and clothespin surfaces). Once set and cool, repeat on other side of the key and heart. Once enamel powder is set and cool on both clothespins and charms, apply Glastique Gloss Finishing Glaze to each area that has enamel powder (use straight pin to assist in applying Glastique on mini charms). Set aside to dry.
Step 5: Adding Washi tape to clothes pins: Using nine clothespins, secure the washi tape to the top surface of each clothespin and trim all edges to size to the top surface (lining up one edge of the washi tape to one side of the clothespin and trimming down the excess is a quick and easy method to this process).